Covid 19 restrictions – courses are running at restricted numbers to comply with the ACT restrictions.
Firearms Safety Course (A&B Category)
The courses are held at 6.30pm in the SSAA ACT Clubhouse on the SSAA ACT Range Complex at 50 Hector McIntosh Grove Majura.
Registration for the course opens at 6pm and the course starts at 6.30pm sharp – no latecomers.
- Bookings are essential
- To book a place: email firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify the course date you wish to book into.
- Juniors must be 12years and older to attend the course, proof of age will need to be shown. Juniors 12 -16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- SSAA ACT Safety certificates are accepted by the NSW Firearms Registry.
- Cost for adults is $50 for SSAA members and $75 for non-members. SSAA Juniors no charge. Non SSAA Juniors $35.
- Cash only please as we do not have eftpos facilities.
- If you are booking in friends or other family members please include their names and their email addresses.
Once you confirm your attendance an application form will be emailed to you. People who do not have email or text can call the Secretary on 0424 292 115.
Please note that the Firearm Safety Module needs to be downloaded and read as a mandatory pre-requisite prior to attending the course.
Please bring a pen, a copy of the module below, photo identification and your Safety course application form to the course. You must wear covered shoes, no thongs or open toe shoes. You can bring ACT Firearm License application form for Club endorsement and they can be signed after the course.
Safety Course Module
This module includes information about applying for a Firearms license.
2020 Safety Course dates
Please note that due to the required 4 square metre per person area the course numbers are limited.
When booking in more than one person please state if you will be sharing a table, this assists us with knowing how many people we can book in for the course.
- Thursday August 13th – fully booked
- Thursday August 20th – fully booked
- Thursday August 27th – fully booked
- Thursday September 10th – fully booked
- Thursday September 24th – fully booked
- Thursday October 1st – fully booked
- Tuesday October 20th
- Tuesday October 27th
- Thursday November 5th
- Thursday November 12th – date to be confirmed
- Thursday November 26th
- Thursday December 3rd
- Tuesday December 15th
To join SSAA online please visit www.ssaa.org.au and follow the prompts to membership. Print your receipt and retain this as proof of membership until your membership confirmation letter is posted to you.