Firearms Safety Course
The course dates are listed at the bottom of this page. Please note the course is usually fully booked the week before.
The courses are held at 6.30pm in the SSAA ACT Clubhouse on the SSAA ACT Range Complex at 50 Hector McIntosh Grove Majura.
Registration for the course opens at 6pm and the course starts at 6.30pm sharp – no latecomers.
- Bookings are essential – Strictly no walk in’s
- To book a place: email email@example.com Please specify the course date you wish to book into.
- SSAA ACT Safety certificates are accepted by the NSW Firearms Registry.
- Cost for adults is $50 for SSAA members and $75 for non-members. SSAA Juniors no charge. Non SSAA Juniors $35.
- Cash only please as we do not have eftpos facilities.
- If you are booking in friends or other family members please include their names in your email.
Once you confirm your attendance an application form will be emailed to you. People who do not have email or text can call the Secretary on 0424 292 115.
Please note that the Firearm Safety Module needs to be downloaded and read as a mandatory pre-requisite prior to attending the course.
Please bring a pen, a copy of the module below, photo identification and your application form to the course. You must wear covered shoes, no thongs or open toe shoes. You can bring ACT Firearm License application forms for Club endorsement and they can be signed after the course.
Safety Course Module
2019 Safety Course dates
- Thursday 25th July
- Thursday 8th August
- Thursday 22th August – if there are enough numbers
- Thursday 12th September
- Thursday 26th September – if there are enough numbers
To join SSAA online please visit www.ssaa.org.au and follow the prompts to membership. Print your receipt and retain this as proof of membership until your membership confirmation letter is posted to you.