Firearms Safety Course (A & B Category)
The courses are held at 6.30pm in the SSAA ACT Clubhouse on the SSAA ACT Range Complex at 50 Hector McIntosh Grove, Majura.
Registration for the course opens at 6pm and the course starts at 6.30pm sharp – no latecomers.
Adults – SSAA members $50
Adults Non Member $75
SSAA Juniors NO FEE
Juniors – Non members $35
- Bookings are essential.
- To see the available dates or to book your course
- Please specify the course date you wish to book into.
- Juniors must be 12 years and older to attend the course, proof of age will need to be shown. Juniors 12 – 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- SSAA ACT Safety certificates are accepted by the NSW Firearms Registry.
- If you hold a current Firearms license in another State/Territory you do not need to complete a safety course, the Registry will recognise your current license when you apply for an ACT license.
- Payment options are on the application form, there is no eftpos on the night.
- If you are booking in friends or other family members, please include their names and their email addresses.
Once you have booked your place on a course, an application form will be emailed to you. This needs to be completed before the course, and must be brought with you on the night.
Please note that the Firearm Safety Module needs to be downloaded and read as a mandatory pre-requisite prior to attending the course.
Please bring a pen, a copy of the module below, photo identification and your Safety course application form to the course. You must wear covered shoes, no thongs or open toe shoes. ACT residents can bring ACT Firearm License application form for Club endorsement and they can be signed after the course. How to apply for an ACT or NSW license information is in the module.
Safety Course Module
This module includes information about the course and applying for both an ACT or NSW Firearms license.
Safety Course Dates – 2023
Safety Course Dates and bookings can be found in on the right hand side of the screen or by following this link: Book Now
To join SSAA online please visit www.ssaa.org.au and follow the prompts to membership. Print your receipt and retain this as proof of membership until your membership confirmation letter is posted to you.
For more information please email us at: email@example.com