Courses are running with restricted numbers to comply with the ACT restrictions.
Firearms Safety Course (A&B Category)
The courses are held at 6.30pm in the SSAA ACT Clubhouse on the SSAA ACT Range Complex at 50 Hector McIntosh Grove Majura.
Registration for the course opens at 6pm and the course starts at 6.30pm sharp – no latecomers.
Adults – SSAA members $50
Adults Non Member $75
SSAA Juniors NO FEE
Juniors – Non members $35
- Bookings are essential
- To book a place: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please specify the course date you wish to book into.
- Juniors must be 12 years and older to attend the course, proof of age will need to be shown. Juniors 12 -16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- SSAA ACT Safety certificates are accepted by the NSW Firearms Registry.
- Cash only please as we do not have eftpos facilities.
- If you are booking in friends or other family members please include their names and their email addresses.
Once you confirm your attendance an application form will be emailed to you. People who do not have email or text can call the Secretary on 0424 292 115.
Please note that the Firearm Safety Module needs to be downloaded and read as a mandatory pre-requisite prior to attending the course.
Please bring a pen, a copy of the module below, photo identification and your Safety course application form to the course. You must wear covered shoes, no thongs or open toe shoes. You can bring ACT Firearm License application form for Club endorsement and they can be signed after the course.
Safety Course Module
This module includes information about the course and applying for both an ACT or NSW Firearms license.
2021 Safety Course dates
Please note that due to the required 2 square metre per person area the course numbers are limited.
When booking in more than one person please state if you will be sharing a table, this assists us with knowing how many people we can book in for the course.
Tuesday May 25th – fully booked
Tuesday June 8th
To book a place on a Safety course please email email@example.com
To join SSAA online please visit www.ssaa.org.au and follow the prompts to membership. Print your receipt and retain this as proof of membership until your membership confirmation letter is posted to you.