We have returned to our regular sessions including now being able to support brand new shooters to the sport.
Below are a couple of housekeeping points to keep in mind;
- The SSAA ACT Covid safe plan can be found on this website https://www.ssaaact.org.au/covid-safe-plan/
- Follow instructions on the range to ensure everyone’s safety and compliance with any health requirements.
- Remember not to attend if you have recently returned from a hotspot or have been potentially exposed to COVID-19 through a close contact.
- Obviously if you or family members are unwell with any symptoms please stay home.
- Many of our volunteers are in higher risk categories or care for those who are.
Junior Development Section
Our Junior Development Section operates to introduce, develop and encourage the sport of target shooting for junior shooters over the age of 12. We also strive to promote firearms safety awareness to young persons and actively work with their parents and care givers who may also wish to become part of the shooting community.
SSAA ACT Instructors and qualified SSAA ACT Ranges Officers supervise juniors at all times. Beginners are very welcome and we have club rifles available to hire. During the course of each year juniors will also be introduced to different types of target shooting and disciplines on offer within the SSAA ACT. There will be opportunities for our more experienced juniors and their guardians to visit other disciplines on our range complex and participate in their various shooting activities.
For further information please read our introduction.
Sessions are normally the 1st and 3rd Sundays 8.30 am to noon during school term time. However we also try to run an extra session on the 5th Sunday of the month to accommodate discipline visits and to make up for any lost sessions that occur during the year.
See our calendar for further information.
We have a comprehensive coaching program. This underwent a revamp in 2018 and will continue to evolve into a comprehensive competency based system with each junior provided a ‘log book’ to record their shooting experience. This will become a shooting CV as they transition into adult or other disciplines.
Mobile 0419 615 551