SUNDAY – 30th August 2020, there will be NO Junior Development session.
Welcome back to our juniors and parents after what has been quite a break.
We have resumed shooting, the calendar is now up to date and don’t forget to join our Facebook group for the latest news.
Presently we can cater for our more experienced juniors who hold a minors permit or have attended enough sessions and are deemed competent to handle a firearm with supervision from 1.5mtrs. This unfortunately means we cannot host brand new junior shooters at the moment.
- Nationals is cancelled, it is expected to be the same time and place next year in Queensland.
- We are going to do some catch up sessions in the school holidays.
- Don’t forget to follow our COVID safe return to play plan available on the main page.
- Remember we have some staff who are in a higher risk category or care for those who are so please practice
- We do not believe we will be able to cater for brand new beginners due to social distancing rules at this time. Experienced Juniors who can be coached from the required 1.5mtrs will be fine.
- Visitors and non essential people should not attend. As we have caps on the total people allowed we would like to request one parent supervises their child please.
- Obviously if you or family members are unwell with any symptoms please stay home. Many of our volunteers are in higher risk categories or care for those who are.
We will be engaging our members to adjust the program and include some extra lessons, a few fun things and try and lighten up 2020 a bit. Stay safe everyone.
Junior Development Section
Our Junior Development Section operates to introduce, develop and encourage the sport of target shooting for junior shooters over the age of 12. We also strive to promote firearms safety awareness to young persons and actively work with their parents and care givers who may also wish to become part of the shooting community.
SSAA ACT Instructors and qualified SSAA ACT Ranges Officers supervise juniors at all times. Beginners are very welcome and we have club rifles available to hire. During the course of each year juniors will also be introduced to different types of target shooting and disciplines on offer within the SSAA ACT. There will be opportunities for our more experienced juniors to visit other disciplines on our range complex and participate in their various shooting activities.
For further information please read our introduction.
Sessions are normally the 1st and 3rd Sundays 8.30 am to noon during school term time. However we also try to run an extra session on the 5th Sunday of the month to accommodate discipline visits and to make up for any lost sessions out of our control.
See our calendar for further information.
We have a comprehensive coaching program. This will undergo some major changes throughout 2016 to transition to a competency based system with a junior having a ‘log book’ to record their shooting experience. This will become their shooting CV if they want to move into other disciplines.
SSAA ACT Inc.(Hector McIntosh Grove, Majura) is pleased to host the 2018 National Junior Challenge. The National Junior Challenge is open to all junior SSAA members.
Mobile 0414 594 808