JMK Rifle Range opening hours
The SSAA ACT Rifle Range is open from 9am – 4pm weekdays and 9am – 12noon Sundays.
The JMK Rifle Range will be open 9am – 4pm Sunday 29 November (fifth Sunday) and 4pm – 7pm on Wednesday 2nd, 9th, 23rd and 30th December – a Range Officer will be in attendance.
No other after hours access is permitted on the JMK Rifle Range.
SSAA ACT Return to Play COVID-Safe Range Requirements updated 14 October 2020
Stay home if you are unwell.
Practise good hygiene at all times. Hand Soap will be available in all toilet facilities and sanitiser for cleaning of hand and any Range shared equipment (staplers, targets etc.)
If members display COVID symptoms or do not adhere to the social distancing requirements they may be directed by the Range Officer to leave the Range Complex immediately.
- SSAA ACT prohibits persons from all known COVID hot spots, as per ACT Government information, from visiting the SSAA ACT Majura Range Complex.
- SSAA ACT Council supports the Range Officers in making decisions in accordance with our SSAA ACT COVID-19 plan.
- The SSAA ACT Complex is open for sporting activities only; Clubhouses and the Range Office cannot be used for social gatherings.
- SSAA ACT Clubhouses can be used for competitions and meetings as long as the 4 square metre per person rule is followed.
- Members should adopt the “get in, train and get out” approach for club-based shoots.
- SSAA members must provide their membership number when signing the SSAA ACT Attendance book.
- Non SSAA members and visitors must provide their address and phone number when signing the SSAA ACT Attendance book.
- All Individual Range Discipline/Club/Section activities are limited to groups of 200 people.
- Disciplines will be expected to ensure compliance with these requirements during club shoots to the best of their ability.
- Indoor Ranges – follow the one person per 4 square metre rule to ensure sufficient physical distancing between participants.
- Outdoor Ranges – follow the one person per 2 square metre rule to ensure sufficient physical distancing between participants.
- Keep 1.5 metres from other people. Social distancing will be enforced by Range Officers.
- Shooters must not share firearms or personal equipment. This does not apply to Family members who reside in the same household.
- There will be signage placed at entry points with clear direction for unwell members not to attend or leave immediately if they begin to feel unwell.
- Entry and exit of participants and spectators must to the extent, be controlled via physical barriers and signage.
- Clubs/Disciplines/Sections shall communicate to their members what shooting activities will look like as they recommence and what is expected of them as individuals.
- This document will be made available to our members on the website and at the Range.
- As official restrictions are further eased this document will be updated and reviewed by the SSAA ACT Executive to reflect the changes.
SSAA ACT advises that normal SSAA Member-to-Member insurance for accident or injury remains in place at all SSAA Ranges however should any person contract COVID-19 virus this will not be covered under the current Pandemic insurance exclusion.
People attending the Range should consider the risk of exposure through attending the range for themselves and decide if it is appropriate for them to return to shooting at this time.
• SSAA ACT COVID-19 Incident Management and Reporting
• If a member who has attended the Range reports to SSAA ACT or a Club/Discipline that they have tested positive to COVID-19 the Secretary will immediately contact the National COVID helpline 1800 020 080 (24-hour service) for advice.
• The SSAA ACT Range used by that member will be closed immediately.
• SSAA ACT will liaise with ACT Health on what steps should be taken including cleaning before the Range can be reopened.
• SSAA ACT attendance records from that Range will be made available to the Secretary to provide to health authorities for tracing and follow-up.
• To help contact tracing it is recommended members download the COVIDSafe mobile app.
• Protocols will apply related to quarantine/self-isolation for the individual/s and those contacts considered at risk.
SSAA ACT Inc. invites you to visit our Rifle range at 50 Hector McIntosh Grove, Majura, ACT, any Sunday, between 9am and 12 noon. SSAA ACT Range Officers will be on hand to help and will be happy to answer any questions.
If you wish to visit other Clubs on the SSAA ACT Complex then please contact them directly through contact information found on the ‘discipline/clubs/section” page of this website.
If you are looking for information regarding applying for a firearms license please visit the “Safety Course” page on this website and read the Firearms Safety module.
SSAA ACT Conditions of entry
You are a financial SSAA member or a visitor during business hours.
You sign the Range Attendance Register at the JMK Rifle Range or another authorised Register
You follow the posted SSAA ACT Inc Range rules
You pay the required Range fees – daily or annual
You will only enter the complex after general hours if you are an approved member who holds a key and a valid range pass. Please note that due to Covid restrictions there is currently no after hours access to the JMK Rifle Range.
Persons without a firearms license may only handle firearms under the immediate supervision of a SSAA ACT Firearms Instructor.
24 hour access is temporarily suspended due to COVID restrictions. Please see below for current range opening hours.
Licenced Shooters: 9 am – 4 pm Monday to Friday and 9 am – 12 noon Sunday.
On any fifth Sunday the Range is open
9 am – 4 pm.
SSAA ACT Range Officers are in attendance during these times.
For range hours on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, contact the relevant Discipline Delegate.
SSAA Members - $15 per visit
Non Members - $25 per visit
SSAA ACT Annual Range Pass - $60
Pension and Family rates available.
EFTPOS is now availabile at the range.
The use of .338 Lapua Magnum Rifles and their derivatives is currently suspended on the
SSAA ACT Inc Complex
For Safety Course bookings and more information please visit our Safety Course page
Find us at the range
50 Hector McIntosh Grove, Majura, ACT
Call the Range Office
02 6241 7313
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday 9:00am -12:00 noon
Mobile 0424 292 115
Or use the contact us form on the right