Bookings are required for the SUNDAY JMK Rifle Range general member sessions.
details on how to book are listed below
SSAA ACT COVID Plan – as at 29 October 2021
- Advice from the ACT Government on easing of COVID restrictions for sporting activities including shooting is as follows:
- training activity is permitted for up 500 people in a single outdoor space (1 person per 2sm)
- Only SSAA members can use the Range facilities. Visitors and spectators are not permitted to attend until further notice
- SSAA members must provide their membership number when signing the SSAA ACT or NSW Attendance book
- SSAA ACT Council supports the Range Officers in making decisions in accordance with the SSAA ACT COVID-19 plan
- If members display COVID-19 symptoms or do not adhere to the social distancing requirements, they may be directed by the Range Officer to leave the Range Complex immediately
- All members will be required to carry masks while on the complex
- Masks must be worn in all designated indoor areas of the Complex at all times unless members have a medical exemption
- Keep 1.5 metres from other people. Social distancing will be enforced by Range Officers
- JMK Rifle Range Office transactions will be conducted by EFTPOS only – NO CASH
- It is compulsory for all people over the age of 16 years attending the SSAA ACT Majura Range Complex to use the Check in CBR app. There are Check in CBR QR posters on all Ranges
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to include any child under 16 years as an attendee
- Members accessing ranges after hours must be an approved member who holds a key and valid Range pass
- Disciplines will be expected to ensure compliance with these requirements during club shoots
- Shooters should where possible not share firearms or personal equipment. This does not apply to family members living in the same household
- Any shared equipment/spaces should be sprayed, i.e. benches, targets frames, sign in areas
- There will be signage placed at entry points with clear direction for members not to attend or leave immediately if they begin to feel unwell
- Clubs/Disciplines/Sections shall communicate to their members what shooting activities will be conducted and what is expected of them as individuals
- This document will be made available to our members on the website and at the Range
- As official restrictions are further eased, this document will be updated and reviewed by SSAA ACT to reflect changes.
JMK Rifle Range – SUNDAY General members – BOOKINGS REQUIRED
There will be three sessions offered to SSAA general members for Sunday 31st October NO WALK IN’S
SSAA members only – No visitors permitted. Limit of 22 shooting benches. Members are asked to only book one time slot.
Session 1 9am to 11am
Session 2 11.30 am to 1.30pm
Session 3 2pm to 4pm
Please email email@example.com with your full name and SSAA Membership number. You will receive email confirmation of your request.
Deadline for bookings – Saturday 3pm (i.e. day before booking)
As at 30th October masks must be worn inside buildings on the Range Complex and members must comply with the SSAA ACT Covid plan. This includes the walkway to the JMK Range and outside the Range Office window where members sign in.
The JMK Range is open 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday – bookings are not required during the week
SSAA ACT – About Us
The SSAA ACT Rifle range at 50 Hector McIntosh Grove, Majura, ACT, is open to licensed firearm persons Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm and Sunday, between 9am and 12 noon. SSAA ACT Range Officers will be duty.
SSAA ACT Members, whose genuine reason is Club/Target shooting who need Club endorsement stamp and signature can do so at the Range Office Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm or Sunday mornings 9am – 12noon.
For people wishing to visit the Complex and see what the Disciplines are all about, it is suggested that you contact the Discipline Coordinator to ask when is a good time to visit. There is a “Discipline/Clubs/Section” page on this website with detailed information about various Disciplines.
If you are looking for information regarding applying for a firearms license please visit the Safety Course page on this website and read the Firearms Safety module
Licenced Shooters: 9 am – 4 pm Monday to Friday and 9 am – 12 noon Sunday.
On any fifth Sunday the Range is open
9 am – 4 pm.
SSAA ACT Range Officers are in attendance during these times.
For range hours on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, contact the relevant Discipline Delegate.
SSAA Members - $15 per visit
Non Members - $25 per visit
SSAA ACT Annual Range Pass - $60
Pension $30 and Family $75.
EFTPOS is now availabile at the range.
The use of .338 Lapua Magnum Rifles and their derivatives is currently suspended on the
SSAA ACT Inc Complex
For Safety Course bookings and more information please visit our Safety Course page
Find us at the range
50 Hector McIntosh Grove, Majura, ACT
Call the Range Office
02 6241 7313
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday 9:00am -12:00 noon
Mobile 0424 292 115
Or use the contact us form on the right